Tuesday 19 March 2013

Affordable Cream Contouring With Elf.

Last week my eyebrow pencil died and having half filled in brows I pottered over to the Elf website to stock back up on my favorite pencil.

Elf had a spend £15 and get £5 off deal, so before I knew it I was browsing the Elf website to see what other bargainous items I could fill my basket with. This is when I chose to order Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream in St. Lucia for a meager £3.75.


Lest we forget Kim K's infamous contouring picture, it seems cream contour products have been increasing in popularity ever since. I love the look that careful contouring creates and I have a few cream blushes in my make-up collection, its just I was never willing to pay the £17.50 for MACs sculpting creams or Illamasqua's  Cream cream pigments for £17.00 straight up without knowing if the cream formula would work well for me as a contour colour.

I have to confess I don't really rate the accompanying cream blush colour. It has these huge flecks of glitter in it. I used a very slight application of it on the apples of my cheeks and it looked ok- but going forward I think Ill use my Topshop cream colours.

To apply Elfs bronzing cream I use my Japonesque travel rounded stippling brush, to swipe just under my cheek bones. I then use my Real techniques stippling brush to blend the colour out. I then finish with a dusting of Benefit's Hoola over the same area and blend it out in the same way. Im really happy with the result, the shade isn't too orange or too brown and the cream consistency melts into my skin.

I think the products used together create a defined yet subtle contour, I wore this over the weekend and was really impressed with the results.

Above Right- swatch
Left- blended into the skin
 
If cream blushes aren't your thing I highly reccommend Elfs powder alternative the Contouring blush and bronzing powder before I become a Hoola convert I used this religeously as a contour/blush combo.

Have you tried Elf's cream bronzer before?

4 comments:

  1. This looks like an awesome product but when your contouring try to put the product under the cheek bone youre trying to create a shadow not add colour to the cheeks themselves xx

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this recently and love it! The price is really good as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try this but am waiting for a free delivery code or something haha Love your blog! xx

    http://anotherbritishblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete