Friday 5 April 2013

La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I Review

La Roche-Posay as a brand has received some fantastic coverage in beauty blogs of recent particularly La Roche-Posay duo.
Ive had a good run with my skin, even in my teenage years I got by relatively spot-free, however in my 20s I have one problem area which seems to flair up repeatedly: between my eyebrows.

The irony is I'm probably more fit and healthy than Ive been in years, Ive looked at my diet, my skin care routine, my choice of makeup and I cant seem to be able to target the problem and most importantly fix it.
Oh how I long to rid of this problem area, every so often I will get a flare up of some angry under the skin hormonal spots. They look vile and the hurt and irritate considerably.

So when browsing the isles in a rare trip to Boots I picked up Effaclar A.I.

Effaclair A.I is a described as a "targeted breakout corrector for oily and imperfection prone skin".  The packaging is very clinical, almost like a prescription product you might receive from the doctor and the tube consists of a narrow tube in which to dispense the product.
The cream formula is quite a thin consistency and spreads with ease using my fingers, I used only a very thin layer of the product when applying to my problem area. I tend to apply this after I have removed my makeup in the evenings and applied my moisteriser.
In truth I'm really disappointed. If anything I found the area I was applying the cream flared up more with more little pimples to accompany my large ones which I was horrified at. I didn't experience any easing of redness of anti inflammatory properties just more spots. So not only was the product expensive but no use to me what so ever. I was really disappointed after
If being a beauty blogger has taught me anything its that over time our skin alters ever so slightly from time to time and products you may not get on with to start you can change your mind on after revisiting them a couple of months later. I remember when I first purchased the Clinique Anti-blemish solutions clear blemish gel and felt much of the same disappointment. Fast forward months later and I would really recommend it for break outs. So Ive not given up completely on Effaclar AI completely but so far I havent recieved the results I had hoped for.
Have you tried La Roche Posay Effaclar A.I?


7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this product and wouldn't be without it! It's not an instantous product but its great for over night spots that you want gone for the next day - because of the Salisylic Acid it really helps to get past the blocked pores :)
    I've heard that on quite a few people it made their spots worse because they cleared up, like a purging phase with the Clarisonic!
    I hope you continue you with this because you won't be disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same experience as you did with this, i was so dissapointed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no :( I have a few Roche Possay products and I'm getting to grips with them- though I found some products to 'purge' like Laura says- especially if I have deep set dirt. Sigh. On the other hand the product might be too rich for your skin- or it might be too much at various stages of your cycle? It's always hard to know whether to keep using products or to stop straight away :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Oh god you sound like me, my skin it more connect the dot at the moment. I will look for this products in Boots.

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I also don't find this product helpful, it doesn't really do anything for me. I realized the best thing for spots is tea tree oil used locally. Try that maybe.

    jana
    Because of London

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been using the Effaclar Duo instead of a night cream for almost a month now and I've been loving it! I definitely see a change for the better in my skin. Maybe the product is too aggressive for your skin. Try something containing tea tree. This always helps me get trough bad skin periods :)

    Great blog! Following you

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♥ Wow lovely blog you have, I was just browsing though & stumbled upon it - It's beyond beautiful with interesting posts. I'm following you via gfc now! Keep in touch x

    http://femministreflections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete